When I taught this class a few months ago, it was a big hit! I’m bringing it back in June at a private studio in south Berkeley. Go here for details and tickets.
In the meantime, here’s a joke quiz I wrote about paper. See how you score!
Top Ten Ways NOT to deal with paper
- Keep your junk mail to look at later.
- Save coupons for things you do not need or want.
- Place stacks of paper on each and every available horizontal surface.
- File each sheet in its own manila folder and squeeze it in with the other 500 folders in your file drawer.
- Put papers into a box, label it “To Be Filed” and then shove it way under your desk where it won’t be noticed for years to come.
- Keep every publication you receive because some day, some year, you’ll read it.
- Keep coupons that expired during the last century.
- Put papers in a folder and label it “Miscellaneous.”
- Print out all your email.
- And finally, never, ever throw anything away!
How many of the above things do you do? Give yourself a point for each one. Be honest, now! If your score is high, there is help.
0: Congratulations! Why not become a professional organizer?
1-3: You’ve got too much paper, but it’s under control. For now.
4-6: You’re organized enough to get out of the house in the morning and can get back in without pushing too many things out of the way.
6-8: You are like the Red Queen, running constantly simply to stay in the same place.
8-10: Paper rules your life and you might as well lie down and say uncle.